Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Spring Tour 2018: Weeks 1 and 2


Hello everyone! It feels like it's been way too long since I last posted anything! I do apologize for that! This post will be about our Spring Tour that we are currently in the middle of, so here are weeks one and two :)
I'll also just mention that a lot of these pictures were taken with a phone and thus the quality may not be great...


We left home on Saturday, April 7, and drove to Nashwauk, MN to set up for a Sunday morning service.
Tour Tidbit: We passed through Baudette, MN and saw tons of ice fishers along the river. Turns out that Baudette is the walleye capital of the world!
 We have dear friends that hosted us, served a delicious supper and even played dutch blitz with us! After the morning service we headed to Stone Lake, WI for the evening. 


From there we had a full days drive to Leamington, ON. There was lots of beautiful scenery and the snow disappeared as we drove. One of the tires in the back of the bus got completely shredded rather quickly and with the help of some generous folks, got it replaced in record time!




:: the mackinac bridge ::







My dear friend Christina took me to an Egyptian restaurant in Kitchener and it's now on my list to go to when we come to Kitchener next time :)


Tyrell celebrated his 17th birthday on April 11, so we made our favorite "vereniki" and sausage for lunch with brownies and ice cream!



Sometimes in the middle of a thorough bus cleaning, I open a cupboard and a bottle of apple cider vinegar falls right out, smashes its cap on the counter and showers me and everything surrounding it with its foul smelling goodness :/



We got to sing at Faith Church in Wellesley with Eduard & Kristine Klassen one night. That was such a good evening and we are looking forward to singing with them again this fall! 


Moving on to Ohio now... Our dear friends, Eldon & Karen Falb took us to a really fantastic bbq place in town the night before another morning service. It was so, so good to see them again!


Ah! This may very well be my favorite part of the tour so far! We had two days between services so we went over to our life-time family friends, the Glicks, and helped (I think ;) getting things ready for Dawnette's wedding coming up here in a little bit! So much laughter, so many stories, so much good food! I'm so sad that we never took a picture during supper when the whole family was together, but hey! we made the best memories!
The following morning Mom, Julia, Lonita, and me went shopping and I found a set of 8 China dinner plates, 8 salad plates, a gold stand that it all goes on, and 8 of all the cutlery for $20...it was perfect. So, yes, I left the store with it in tow :)




Singing in Hadley, PA right next to a Dunkin Donuts I might add;)

Last week Thursday we were at the Light of Hope Prison Crusade orientation. Even though this is the third time this year that we've spent a day sitting in orientation, there are so many people that we love meeting and Leroy Miller gave the message before we all headed out, and it was so worth it!


Saturday night all the folks in our hub had some time to testify and encourage, and the Yoder family sang for us all.


Philly has a fantastic skyline!



We have arrived at Josh & Steph's! My goodness! Time with these littles and their parents is never too much! After we got to their place on Sunday we spent ours on the porch or roaming around on the yard taking in all the freshness of this glorious weather!


Time to give Grandma a back massage! (and they do it with much enthusiasm ;)

I will be posting about the Widow's Banquet in a separate post simply because I have way too much to show you to put it into this post! I plan on doing that as soon as I get the pictures and have proper wifi again.

We are now getting all geared up for the annual Gospel Express auction weekend starting tomorrow and that includes a lot of activity! If you're in the area please come out for it! I would love to see you there!
Thursday there will be a heifer auction and concession stands to buy some food.
Friday there's a pork roast and lots of good singing.
Saturday there's everything from breakfast to singing to the actual auction!





"The spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of prisons to those who are bound."
Isaiah 61:1
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Rejoicing Heart | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig